Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Downtime

When I am not working, I have time to myself during which I have been pursuing some creative outlets.  These exploits vary in intensity, some in fact are just ideas of things I might like to do.  But all float around in my head in some unsatisfied space, and I wish I had the dexterity in one medium or another to let them out.  I'm working on refining some skills...

Here are some of the ideas:

1. Stenciling.  I've got two ideas that are fleshed out in photoshop and need cutting, but others swimming to the surface all the time.

2. Sewing.  I have a machine that I bought on the cheap, but no patterns.  I even bought fabric, but NO PATTERNS.  I need to get on this.

3. Web Comic.  Mostly I just like reading them, but xkcd.com tends to make me do some extra research on the side to really get all the jokes.  Somehow it feels constructive to do this.

4. Blogging.  I am only now branching out into the world of Blogs (the Blogosphere) and learning something about how other people use these things.  The successful ones aren't usually as introspective... the same is true for the ones that are fun to read.

5. Writing.  I have taken a couple of stabs at creative writing, both of which came out somewhere in between poetry and prose, says one reliable editor.

6. Cribbage Boards.  I have vowed to make a cribbage board for a friend as part of a mutual xmas gifts to each other.  Ideas abound, but no physical progress yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment