Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 11 - Crowheart

46.4 miles; 4 hrs 14 min; 10.95 mpg avg; 2,207 climb; 10-20 mph headwind all day
Had halfheartedly planned to make Dubois 76 miles away this morning, but the wind discouraged me.  Instead, am holed up at the local fire station using their hose and outdoor electrical outlet.  Much obliged, CH. Tomorrow I begin the windy climb up Togwotee pass, some 3500 feet above me now.  Hope to get above 8k when I camp so that it's mostly done with.
My friends who hung out with me in Rawlins are now a day or so ahead of me, and left me a cool charcoal note. Hopefully I can re-catch them in a couple days on the other side of the pass.
Also, people 'round these parts is generally pretty friendly, but if you're ever at the Crowheart Store beware the ignorant, crotchety, old man... I almost wonder if he's guarding ancient treasure back there...


UPDATE: Hose water may not have been super fresh...



No comments:

Post a Comment